- This event has passed.
March 12 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Medicaid Waiver Redesign
The Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) has begun the process of redesigning Medicaid waivers through the Bureau of Developmental Disability Services (BDDS). We will share up-to-date information on the waiver redesign process, and how you can provide feedback, on this page.
BDDS has released an Initial Concept Paper regarding their efforts to redesign Indiana’s Medicaid waiver program.
DDRS Executive Summary – English, Spanish and Burmese
- To access the Executive Summary in English click here.
- Para acceder al Resumen Ejecutivo en español, haga clic aquí.
FOLLOWING ARE WAYS TO LEARN MORE AND/OR SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
Stakeholder feedback will be accepted through April 17, 2020
Regional Feedback Sessions for Families & Self-Advocates
The Arc of Indiana, Self-Advocates of Indiana and the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community are hosting a series of sessions throughout the state to present information about the Initial Waiver Redesign Concept Paper and obtain feedback from self-advocates and family members. At each of these feedback sessions there will be a meeting specifically for self-advocates and another specifically for family members. In each session information about the concept paper will be shared and facilitators will support a group conversation about the options raised in the concept paper and what you feel are the most important things that should come out of waiver redesign.
- Kokomo – February 6
IU Kokomo, Kelley Student Center, Room 130
2300 South Washington St., Kokomo, IN 46902
Map / Park in Student Parking. Parking permits will be distributed to display in vehicle.
- Gary – February 18
IU Northwest, Hawthorn Hall, Rooms 410 & 416
3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408
- Fort Wayne – February 26
Ivy Tech, Rooms CC1640 & CC1629/1620
3800 N Anthony Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46805
- Vincennes – March 4
Vincennes University, Green Activity Center
120 W. Harrison Street, Vincennes, IN 47591
- New Albany – March 5
Prosser Career Center
4202 Charlestown Road, New Albany, IN 47150
- Indianapolis – March 12
Ivy Tech, Rooms 166 & 168
9301 E 59th Street
BDDS Building Bridges Events
Building Bridges events are opportunities for families and self-advocates to meet and speak with the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services state staff. These meetings are solely for families and individuals with disabilities to provide a forum for conversations on successes and concerns, as well as providing suggestions or input for positive change.
All meetings 6:00 – 8:00 PM local time
- February 6, 2020: Clarksville Public Library, 1312 Eastern Blvd, Clarksville, Ind.
- February 12, 2020: Evansville Public Library, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Evansville, Ind.
- February 19, 2020: Ivy Tech, Room C125, 200 Daniels Way, Bloomington, Ind.
- March 12, 2020: Plymouth Public Library, 201 N Center Street, Plymouth, Ind.
- March 23, 2020: Fort Wayne Public Library, 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- April 2, 2020: Fishers Public Library, 5 Municipal Drive, Fishers, Ind.
Additional stakeholder feedback opportunities will be available, both online and in-person. Information on additional opportunities will be available on the DDRS Waiver Redesign webpage, DDRS Announcements, Indiana Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Facebook page, and the INvision newsletter.
Following are the next steps in the waiver redesign project. These dates are approximate and are subject to change.
- January 2020 Initial concept paper released
- January 2020 – April 2020 Public input period on initial concept paper
- April 2020 – June 2020 Concept paper expanded
- June 2020 Final concept paper released
- June 2020 – July 2020 Public input period on final concept paper