- This event has passed.
October 24, 2018
The Arc of Indiana and Self-Advocates Annual Conference & Impact Awards Luncheon will take place October 24, 2018 at the Indianapolis Wyndham West.
A room block has been reserved for conference guests. Please make room reservations here.
- Member of The Arc: $100
- Non-Member: $150
- Self-Advocate: $25
- Personal Care Attendant: $25
- Family Member: $50
- Lunch Only: $50 per person or $350 for a table of 8
- 8 – 2:30 pm Exhibit Booths Open
- 8 am Check-in
- 9 am Opening Plenary featuring Jamie Beck and a panel of experts
- 10 am / 11 am Breakout Session
- 12 pm Impact Awards Luncheon featuring Katharine Muir
Jamie Beck, a graduate of Erskine Green Training Institute, works full-time at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital and live in a Muncie apartment with a housemate. And, at age 28, she has regained legal right to make her own decisions as the first Indiana resident to use a Supported Decision Making agreement and regain decision-making rights. Jamie will share her journey to independence and a panel of experts will share information on supported decision making as an alternative to guardianship.
IMPACT AWARDS LUNCHEON
Katharine “Kat” Muir received her bachelor’s degree in Speech and Hearing Science at Miami University and her master’s degree in Bilingual Speech Pathology at Indiana University. She is fluent in many languages and it is her love of language that drew her to a career as a speech-language pathologist. Diagnosed with autism at age 22, Kat uses her skills to her advantage – sensitive hearing is helpful for speech therapy sessions. During Kat’s six years at Easterseals Crossroads, she has served as an interpreter not only between languages, but between those on and off the autism spectrum.
- BDDS: A Person Centered Approach to Supports
- Co-Designing Accessible Materials with Self-Advocates
- Public Policy Updates from The Arc US
- Preparing for Employment
- Recognizing Signs of Abuse
- Beyond Tokenism
- Voting Rights