The Arc of Indiana is seeking Family Advocacy Educators for Northwest and Southwest Indiana to join our advocacy team.
Essential Job Qualifications
- Support advocacy for individuals with I/DD and their families by promoting the programs and services supported by The Arc of Indiana.
- Ability to make presentations before diverse audiences as well as share information with small groups or one-on-one.
- Able to schedule presentations and exhibits, including actively seeking presentation opportunities.
- Ability to utilize email, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Available to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Available and reliable transportation.
- Have phone, email, and internet access.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Share information about DDRS, community programs and services, and The Arc of Indiana by meeting with individuals or groups and exhibiting at events.
- Make presentations to families, disability groups, service organizations, schools, and churches about Medicaid Waivers and other services.
- Assist individuals or families with information and referral.
- Collect and record information on all activities, events, and presentations.
- Attend and participate in local disability events and meetings such as mayor’s councils, town hall meetings, disability coalitions, parent support groups, and other disability groups.
- Attend and participate in scheduled trainings and events of The Arc of Indiana.
- $40 per half day event (up to 4.25 hours)
- $80 all day event (4.5 hours or more)
- Flexible time schedule
Please email resume, cover letter and application to:
Karly Sciortino-Poulter, email@example.com